Hi, again, everybody! I have been a little MIA recently due to midterms, traveling, and just life in general. But I have been doing great! It is officially March, which is insane! My time abroad has flown by just like I knew it would. Here are some of the things that I have learned in my time thus far..
- Public transportation is a blessing and the tube gets easier to navigate with time.
- It does not rain as much as you think it does in London.
- Coffee is superior to tea in the mornings, but tea is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
- For some reason, the flowers are prettier here. I buy them often to make my room feel more homey.
- The produce tastes wayyyy better and the grocery stores are quite nice.
- You will not find a Chick-Fil-A or Bojangles here, much to my dismay. But you definitely will find a Taco Bell or KFC.
- Nobody bothers you if you don’t bother them. The British are actually very polite and helpful (contrary to popular American belief).
- The British love an American accent. They will ask you to say random words.
- Free coffee from Pret-A-Manger is a must when in the UK.
- The dogs here wear sweaters!!!
- Nando’s chicken does live up to the hype.
Of course this list is just a short summary of some of the things I’ve learned while being here in London. This list also doesn’t take into account all of the things I have learned about myself while abroad. I have truly discovered things about myself that I would have never learned otherwise. This has been the perfect chance to celebrate my independence and individuality, as well as my strength. Like with every part of life, this experience has certainly had its ups and downs. I miss my family, my friends, my dogs, my professors at Wofford, and etc. There have been moments where I have really wanted a hug from my Mom, but can’t get one. It is not all sunshine and rainbows, but it is worth it. Every second that I have spent here has been growing and building me into the person I want to become. My mind has expanded and experienced learning like never before. It truly has been a blessing to be in London, and I can’t wait to watch myself flourish even more. My friends and I have many trips planned for the upcoming weeks, so I will keep the blog updated with my stories!