browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Just Keep Smiling

Posted by on October 15, 2013

This is always a weird feeling. Only a few days since the death of our friend Martha Cammack, we’re all just trying to make it through the day. My roommate and I both sat in Burwell (the main dining hall) on Sunday morning trying to process what we were experiencing. More and more people were beginning to find out what happened and we could literally see through people’s body language who knew and who didn’t. But like any family, everyone knows when something’s wrong.

For me, I can’t even express how much I’m already missing Martha’s smiling face and her daily words of random advice that she would give me. At the same time, it was like we were reliving Randall’s passing from two years ago. It’s as if I’m still mourning his life and all the great times we had with him.

Both Martha and Randall were all about making other people feel good. I can honestly say that these two tried to make a positive impact on the people around them. I guess that gives us some sort of comfort, thinking of the good times. Yet, our sadness comes from both the lost and feeling the grief of those around us who we consider dear. It truly is adversity that has revealed our support system. Since hearing the news of Martha’s passing, I’ve only wanted to give hugs to everyone I saw. It’s funny because I feel like she would do the same.

So as many of us prepare to head to Nashville to honor our friend and her family we cherish each other and smile. We don’t smile to hide the pain, but rather to assure the person beside us that it’ll be okay.

I love you Martha and thank you for your smiles.

2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Robin Heffron
Robin Heffron
9 years ago

Thank you for remembering Randall. My thoughts and prayers have been with Martha and her family since I heard of her untimely death. Rest assured that Randall was there in heaven along with Martha’s heavenly Father to greet her with a smile and a hug:) They will forever walk with each of you in spirit.

c how to make money online surveys

0 best way best way to make money online