Travel is the only thing you buy which makes you richer.

Posted by on August 29, 2013

This has been my favorite quote and somewhat of a guiding light on these first few days of my adventure in Arica.

“My adventure in Arica” I still cannot believe I am here!

So let’s go back a few days to Saturday. It was my last night in Charleston, and so my mom made a delicious dinner of oven fried chicken, mac-n-cheese, and corn on the cob! My closest family and friends came over to celebrate and see me off, which meant so much to me! Halfway through dinner I went into actual panic mode when I realized that all of my much needed belongings were still scattered all over my room, and the only thing in my suitcase was tennis shoes and a pair of socks. Needless to say, it was quite a long night, and even when I did lay down I couldn’t stop thinking about all the things I still had to do!

Saying goodbye to Daniel was just as hard as a expected, and my big wave goodbye to my parents brought tears to my eyes, but luckily I know that this trip will be full of “experiencias inolvidables”… and it will be over before I know it.

All of that being said and done, I met up with Elizabeth in the Atlanta airport, and the real journey began. Our friend Axel, Elizabeth’s host brother from January 2012, met us just as we were hit by the wave of taxi drivers and chauffeurs in the bustling Santiago airport. From the airport we took a taxi, or two- since the first one broke down, to the center of town. In true “gringa” fashion, we settled at a starbucks for a few hours and caught up with Axel while we waited to check into our hostal. That night we went out for sushi and drinks with Alana and Axel, however since it was a Monday we didn’t really get to experience the typical Chilean night life.

This blog post is getting long and I hope you haven’t all tuned out, but ill leave you hanging as to life in Arica- but I will give you a picture to keep you curious!

33 Responses to Travel is the only thing you buy which makes you richer.

1. Industrial training

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

2. Adam

Indeed travel is one of the greatest adventures and way to explore our beautiful planet :)

3. Craig

Congratulations Sarah, a brilliant post, well written and thoughtful. Happy travels!

4. Dr Athira

Africa is really a beautiful place and the people are just wonderful, aren't they? Thank a lot for a great blog by the way. Enjoy your time over there and don't forget to visit the Victoria Falls is you guys get the chance

5. khabir mughal

Came Here To Introduce You With Some Of Great Sports Sites
    Sporteology .com
    sportsmuntra.com
    sportslook.net
    RonaldoCR7.com
    You Will Enjoy Visiting There

6. pottery facetory

if we do not have money, how to

7. Apartments for rent

You can share our experience

8. dịch vụ Logistics

i liked post, thanks very much

9. agmaieres

truly inspire all existing posts in his blog this article,,, look nice too ….
    cara menghilangkan bekas jerawat

10. MT4 programmer

You definitely are a curageous and advenrurious girl. Please come back with more details about trip. And photos of course!

11. newslivez

you are cute with your nice post

12. ban bong ban

I like this post

13. Fred Pincemin

This is the right blog for everyone who would like to understand this topic. You know a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject which has been discussed for a long time. Great stuff, just great!

14. baju koko

Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help creating motivation
    http://kata-kata.readmores.com/2014/10/kata-kata-

15. fskeq546

伝統的に、それは年の店の時間を合図ので、いわゆるブラックフライデーは、利益は通常、年の最も忙しいショッピングの日の一つです作り始めた。| 週末まで続く。| 金曜日に店では、10%の購入任意のターゲットギフトカードを割り引くます。| これは本当にクリーンアップし、売却益1を手に入れるチャンスである可能性があります。| (申し訳ありませんが、しゃれに抵抗することができませんでした。|)}, カバン ド ズッカ CABANE de ZUCCa オアシス クオーツ AJGK040 レディース 時計 #112068, いいえ引用は、クラッシュ時に与えられなかった。| 調査は継続して薬物やアルコールが要因になった場合、州警察は不明な点がある。}, http://www.thecakewalkcary.com/womens-watch/a-lin…, 一部の欧米のニューヨーカーは、トラブルトランプの進歩にウォーミングアップがあるかもしれません。| 彼らは、自分の感情が前をおもちゃ持っていた。}, , ブレスサーモ, ミズノ キャップ 62JW4500, 本体は約15000ドルで、しかし、安くはないです。| 見積もりは、例えば、完全に新しいマスタングは、新しい部品よりもはるかに安上がりになるの再生部品を使用してかかると建物どのくらいに異なりますが、専門家はそれを行う必要があります約65000ドルから$ 70,000言う。| 古いマスタングの事実上すべての部分は、まだ店を介して、またはインターネット上で販売のために見つけることができます。}, http://www.thecakewalkcary.com/womens-watch/ma-li…, セイコー SEIKO 時計 カレント AXYN049 #92613, マンチェスタービジネスウィークは12687コピー毎週木曜日とオーダーメイドのビジネス聴衆をターゲットに、ビジネスニュースandfeaturesの地域のナンバーワンプロバイダーです。|」醜く食品は、シドニーの棚に販売のために第二の人生を見つける}, http://www.sahitkar.com/outlet/baseball-1/accesso…, ミズノ ムーブウォームパンツ 52JF4506, 膀胱感染症は通常、細菌によって引き起こされると容易に抗生物質によって治療することができる。| しかし、効果的にこの病気を治療し、防止することができる家庭薬の数は、存在する。| いくつかの簡単な家を発見するために読んでください。|」あなた自身の町を購入}, RICOH リコー アペックス リマインダー APEX REMINDER 660103-02 メンズ 時計 #112077, ミズノ モレリアII サッカー P1GA1501, マクドナルド、入院「植物オタクは、「選択のほとんどを作る。}, , マタニティウェア, Italian Hat Company ポンポンベレー帽, , それらの長いシリーズは通行料を取った。}, コメントボックスに外部の材料をコピーして貼り付けないでください。}, フェイシャル用の超音波技術を使用する方法}, 彼は、彼が世界記録有料でレアル·マドリードにベールを売却した後、アンドレ·ヴィラボアスの下で最後のシーズンにプッシュするクラブの失敗に失望した。}

16. tmjjm422r3

ブレントノウル、Shellcove道路で、バートランドジェームス·ウォーターハウスによって設計され、1914年に建てられた]それは、少なくとも今後15年間は地域の家の設計に影響を与えた]と状態遺産リストを持っています。, プーマ, NIKE WMNS OCEANIA ナイキ ウィメンズ オセアニア 511880-017, ホリデイ·インエクスプレスホテルアンドスイーツ, デイトナ, Arai/アライ/ASTRO-IQ CHARACTER, 私は私の髪にいくつかをスプリッツ、ちょうど私の指を実行すると、どんなに私がスプレーどのくらいの。, NIKE AIR MAX 90 PREMIUM ホワイト/ホワイト-黒-BASE グレイ 333888-110, Daytona/デイトナ/BLACK COVER Simple/ブラックカバーシンプル(L), , , http://www.centromusicalnewsong.com/apparel/parke…, ジャミーソンズ JAMIESONS JAMIESON シェットランドウール セーター JAMIESONS ジャミーソンズ クルーネック ニット セーター 【1】 MK158 全24色中13色 フェアアイル シェットランドウール JAMIESON’S 丸首 ウール メンズ(男性用) #20908;物], , adidas Originals HONEY アディダス オリジナルス ハニー W ブルーバード/ブルーバード/ブラック, 「私は文字通りそれを開いています、「テイラーは語った。, エアジョーダン 28, , , トライアル, 歴史的に強いショッピング日数, 007-Keiti タンクパッド KT007 スペイン国旗 SPAIN, あなたは、ビーチに沿ってリラックスして日光浴をように感じるなら、ベストウエスタンオーシャンフロントはゲストの便宜のために家賃のためにバイク、ビーチチェアやパラソルを提供しています。, 「これらのデバイスは、ハイエンド仕様とRAMを備えていない一般的には256 MBです。, 「私は彼らがこの女性の命を救ったと信じて、彼女はひどい怪我を持つことになりますしながら、彼らが上がっていなければ、彼女は多くの悪い状態になっている可能性がある と彼は言った。, 」

17. Marlon

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I believe that you should write more

about this issue, it may not be a taboo matter but generally people do not talk about such topics.

To the next! Best wishes!!

18. ヴィトン 財布 人気

nice thing about it for anyone desiring to increase ones own single socket parts in software exactly like cerebral ray, V beam and so forth. I understand why Tom’s in comparison to your different cpus when using the E5 2687w v2 from this comparison, rather anyone spilling the cash in an E5 2687w v2 is planning on buying two at a dual outlet fitted designing the machine twice as fast as websites close 5960x in many of these benchmarks. it may be a total waste of cash quite frankly buying one for getting a single socket console and not reaping the QPI.

19. グッチ ブランド 新作 バッグ

Ammonite endemism in european union was probably severe your Jurassic Cretaceous border. as a result breadpan euro correlations associated Jurassic Cretaceous boundary beds are the best for you to macrcould beossils problematical. The ammonite faunas among water wells L06 2 and L06 3 provide the most extended and finish underwater macrshootossil finished so far it’s Volgian Ryazanian (Jurassic Cretaceous) boundary along at the Spilsby province and its northern border coast basin.

20. Info Kesehatan

I love travel too :)

21. Monty Happney

Its excellent as your other blog posts : D, regards for putting up. “What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose.” by Andre Agassi.

22. invicta watch review

hey sarah
    your very beautyfull

23. invicta watch review

your very beautyfull

24. kata kata bijak

very nice…

25. peluang usaha

nice information brother…
    tanks

26. galaxy sch r760

Nice weblog here! Also your web site quite a bit up very fast!

What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your affiliate hyperlink in your host?

I desire my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

27. Bio Muscle

I visit every day some websites and websites to read posts, but this weblog gives feature based articles.

28. Noticias sobre marketing online

Nacido en Buenos Aires, Argentina, lugar donde reside actualmente.

29. Suzanne

It’s ALWAYS free. cost, or more than one permanent to return to the field.

2] Camera i – Phone 5 features 8MP camera along with LED flash.

30. top ten mentalism books

May I simply say what a relief to discover somebody that really knows

what they are discussing online. You certainly realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important.

More and more people ought to read this and understand this side of

your story. I was surprised you aren’t more popular since you most certainly possess the gift.