Recent Posts

• A love letter to Quito
    Inspired by John Green, Atahualpa, Frank Ocean, and Lucy from Tennis Querido Quito, Who would have thought? Exactly a year ago, Madrid was the city I was supposed to be in. COVID turned that into Argentina, which would later turn into Chile, and finally, you, Quito. Honestly, I did not see you on my radar. …
  • The wind blows
    Have you ever read something or listened to something that you thought was made just for you? As in not to you, but just for your experience only? For a second, think about all that you have experienced. Then consider that there are a lot of things that you have yet to experience. Human life …
  • Hector Ortiz ’22
    Hector Ortiz ’22, a triple major from Saluda, South Carolina, studying biology, philosophy and Spanish, has been named the college’s 38th Presidential International Scholar. He will spend the 2021-2022 academic year studying the relationship between public health and culture in Argentina and South Africa.
  • Dear Amman
    Now that I have left you, I have realized how much I love you. It’s like when they pave paradise to put up a parking lot, which is basically what has happened to you. You used to be a city of “mountains and rivers,” referred to even as Philadelphia (city of brotherly love/friendship) way back …
  • I’m Every Woman
    This is a brief reflection on being a woman in an Arab country. It in no way claims to contain every perspective or give a holostic view of what it is like to be a woman in an Arab country/culture. These are stories told to me and my story. And now that the disclaimer is …