A walk in the park.

Posted by on September 15, 2012

Last Sunday I went to Fragrant Hills Park, which is a very popular hiking destination among Beijingers. When I had signed up for the hike, for some reason I had the impression that it would be a relatively easy hike. Little did I know that this hike would be intense! But the long and intense hike was worth the amazing view of the city (although the pollution hindered the view a bit). The view from the top overlooks 15 miles of Beijing’s city (Beijing is a VERY large city, so it’s hard to see all of it). After are long hike, we went to one of the best restaurants in Beijing and had their famous, pear and shrimp dish. It was absolutely amazing!

Now I’m about to head out on my two-week mobile learning trip. This trip will take me to the Russian and Chinese border. Then we will make our way to the grasslands and camp there for two days. We will then head to Harbin, which is known for their ice sculptures. Finally, we will go to the North-Korean and Chinese border. I am excited for this trip and for the 24 hour train ride that awaits me.

One Response to A walk in the park.

1. Dana

Miwah,
    It sounds like your hike, though tiring, was worth the effort. Nice photos! Cannot wait to read about the camping trip (which you are experiencing as I type). I hope you took some sweaters with you, as it is probably chilly in the north.
    I would love to see some more pix of you :) I have to say that I am laughing a bit imagining you in a camping situation – you are more of a concierge girl. Or at the very least, a hot shower and comfy bed girl.
    Things here are crazy. Lots of details i cannot include on a blog comment, but I will fill you in via email at some point. It is still scorching hot here. Have your parents been able to communicate with you – cuz i know they don't do computers?