Beginnings of an Adventure–Pre-departure

Posted by on August 1, 2013

The countdown is on! Thanks to my T-Zero app on my phone I can keep up with the days I have left until I leave. 15 days out and I cannot believe its 2 weeks away. Cue the excitement…It’s like leaving for college for freshman year except probably more exciting. Not only is it a new city with new friends–we’re adding a new country and a new culture to the mix. As the days tick off, my preparations kick in. And panic mode (just a little bit). About a bajillion questions come up when you’re packing for 4 months. Thankfully it was not hard to get answers and fast thanks to the Wofford International Program. They set me up with past students who are more than happy talk with me about Denmark especially since everyone who went there loved it (a great sign that its a great program!!).

What sorts of things pop into the 20 year old traveler brain? Well for starters how am I going to pack for 4 months in 50 lbs? I found some great ideas through Pinterest actually. Like this pack list that helped me stay concise with what I brought.

Then I started wondering how to shed the pounds off my luggage…A luggage diet if you will. Shout-out to my friend Wofford DIS Alumnus Jordan Hardy who helped a lot with that.

•  Leave behind the hair dryer and similar appliances–it will blow the fuse and ruin your hair dryer likely so you’ll have to leave it there. Might as well buy a cheap one in Copenhagen.
  • Thankfully, no need to bring books. DIS supplies you with all books as a part of your tuition I found out today (I mean how cool is that? Books are so heavy and expensive!).

Finally I read that you’re more likely to be able to get in all your stuff, if you

•  Lay it all out BEFORE putting it in the suitcase, that way you can arrange it best and easily see if you have too much to fit.
  • Also, I’m bringing 2 coats and several sweaters and long sleeves so that I can layer when it gets cold. Helpful tips.

Did I mention that I’m excited?

So now that I’ve unpacked my packing tips, what else am I doing to prepare to leave? First my family is coming in to visit this weekend (YAY) and then some of Wofford’s greatest gems are visiting including  study abroad-ers Annie Currin who will be in London and Sarah Grace Keaveny who will be in Arica. Sad to part ways, but its part of what makes study abroad at Wofford so special…so many people go and return with amazing stories to tell and share! Still though.. I have to admit one last hoorah is necessary.

Michelle

58 Responses to Beginnings of an Adventure–Pre-departure

1. em salvador voce encontra lindas mulheres

Thanks again for the blog post.Thanks Again. Want more.

2. skin care blogs tumblr

A big thank you for your article.Much thanks again. Will read on…

3. Muscle Factor X ingredients

Thanks again for the blog post.

4. unitedhealth group member services

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this post is awesome, great written and include almost all vital infos. I¡¦d like to look more posts like this .

5. trash removal new haven ct

I truly appreciate this blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Cool.

6. get more information

I have to express some thanks to you just for rescuing me from this type of scenario. As a result of looking throughout the world-wide-web and meeting tips that were not beneficial, I figured my entire life was gone. Being alive without the presence of strategies to the problems you have resolved by means of your main blog post is a crucial case, and those that might have adversely damaged my career if I had not encountered your web page. Your actual competence and kindness in dealing with all the details was vital. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not come upon such a solution like this. I can also at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks for your time very much for the impressive and results-oriented guide. I will not be reluctant to refer your blog to any person who desires counselling about this problem.

7. find

certainly like your web-site however you need to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to inform the truth then again I¡¦ll certainly come back again.

8. Michael A. Yang

Hi, this weekend is pleasant for me, since

this point in time i am reading this enormous educational article here at my home.

9. Colin Hosick

Enormously educational many thanks, I do believe your visitors will most likely want further blog posts similar to this maintain the excellent effort.

10. hermes birkin fake ebay

replica hermes in singapore Beginnings of an Adventure–Pre-departure | Michelle Green

11. hermes fake hardware

replica hermes mens bracelet Beginnings of an Adventure–Pre-departure | Michelle Green

12. "weight Loss reviews"

Most of these pills have now been banned by medical associations across

the world. Below are listed some of them for consultation for educational purposes, research and

information, reiterating that the information

below does not replace medical diagnosis or treatment and should never be used without professional

medical supervision and indication. It is absolutely risk-free and

very safe to intake everyday.

Check out my homepage – “weight Loss reviews”

13. Bianca Whisker

Este blog es altamente informática, nítidas y claras. Aquí todo ha sido descrita de manera sistemática para que lector pueda obtener el máximo de información y aprender muchas cosas. Este es uno de los mejores blogs que he leído.

14. Ivy Ackles

I was a long time member of *3DGM* forums but it sadly has been dying over the past few years. I decided that this great forum would be a great place to make a fresh start!

15. Milo Coerver

Dank u voor dat verstandige kritiek. Me & mijn buurman het voorbereiden waren om wat onderzoek te doen over dat. We kregen een superieur boek over die kwestie van onze lokale bibliotheek en de meeste boeken waar niet zo influensive als uw info. Ik ben behoorlijk blij met deze info die ik was op zoek naar een lange tijd te zien.

16. Jospeh Bucchin

Ik lid van deze draad in de poging om erachter te komen een zeer belangrijke vraag in het leven. Wat moet ik doen voor de kost?

17. cupom desconto

We loved it as much as everybody else did it appears. I agree with your point of view. it is awesome! thanks!

18. Micha Student

Je suis sûr que ce que vous avez dit va certainement percer les oreilles de vos lecteurs et leur faire réfléchir plus profondément à ce sujet

19. Velia Howitt

Einige der Kommentare scheint aus proprtion aber im Allgemeinen die ursprüngliche Beitrag ist ein gutes kleines Stück Arbeit.

20. vintage women's sweaters

Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Great blog and brilliant design.

21. Lanny Cuomo

Podía entender la primera parte de lo que estaba diciendo, pero me sentí un poco perdido hacia el final. Este es un tema difícil de entender

22. Jewel Kerk

Dies war eine eigentlich sehr gute publish. In der Theorie würde ich es vorziehen, wie dies auch schreiben – immer Zeit und Ist-Aufwand, um ein wunderbares Stück schriftlich zu machen … aber was soll ich sagen … Ich zögern viel und keineswegs scheinen etwas getan zu erhalten.

23. instagram

Get More Instagram Followers at >>>>> Insta-Train .

net

24. Best Oxygen Facials NYC

I wanted to jot down a comment so as to say thanks to you for the marvelous solutions you are giving on this website. My incredibly long internet search has now been rewarded with reasonable facts and techniques to go over with my classmates and friends. I would mention that many of us visitors are undeniably fortunate to be in a useful place with very many brilliant people with very helpful guidelines. I feel truly happy to have discovered your entire site and look forward to plenty of more thrilling minutes reading here. Thanks again for a lot of things.

25. maspalomas bungalow for sale

A lot of thanks for all your efforts on this web site. Debby delights in working on research and it’s really simple to grasp why. I hear all concerning the dynamic manner you give both interesting and useful information via your website and increase response from website visitors on this matter while our own girl is always learning a great deal. Take pleasure in the remaining portion of the year. You’re the one carrying out a fabulous job.

26. men's swimwear clearance

Together with pretty much everything which is apparently building through this place, a important percentage involving viewpoints are often very major. Nonetheless, I appologize, but I truly do not sign up for your complete strategy, all consequently stimulating it’s unlikely that any the less. It usually me your opinions are generally not entirely validated and in fact you are usually yourself even if it’s just wholly convinced of your point. In just about any event I did so appreciate examining that.

27. meilleur taux immobilier

A lot of thanks for all your valuable hard work on this web page. My aunt really loves getting into internet research and it is obvious why. Many of us hear all relating to the lively mode you produce insightful secrets through this web blog and even attract response from other ones on that theme while my child is without a doubt understanding a lot. Have fun with the rest of the year. You are carrying out a useful job.

28. Best Oxygen Facials NYC

I am also writing to make you be aware of what a terrific encounter our princess experienced using the blog. She picked up numerous details, which include how it is like to possess a very effective coaching mindset to have the mediocre ones really easily know various impossible subject matter. You undoubtedly surpassed our own desires. Thank you for distributing the effective, safe, explanatory not to mention cool tips on the topic to Mary.

29. discount sport coats and blazers

Aw, this was a really nice post. In thought I would like to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… however what can I say… I procrastinate alot and under no circumstances appear to get one thing done.

30. Best Day Spas New York City

I am also writing to make you know of the remarkable experience my cousin’s daughter had using yuor web blog. She discovered lots of issues, with the inclusion of how it is like to have a wonderful helping character to get the others with ease comprehend a number of very confusing topics. You really did more than readers’ expected results. Many thanks for giving these insightful, dependable, revealing and as well as unique thoughts on this topic to Julie.

31. Santo Brach

Basta controllare sui commenti degli altri lettori del blog.

32. Nickolas Leftridge

Gewoon een snelle hallo en ook u bedanken voor het bespreken van uw ideeën op deze pagina. Ik geliquideerd in uw blog direct na het onderzoeken van de fysieke fitheid verbonden vraagstukken op Yahoo … denk dat ik uit het oog verloren wat ik had presteren! Maar goed, ik kom terug zo weer zo snel binnen in de lange termijn na te gaan van uw blogposts op de weg. Bedankt!

33. Davenport House Clinic Chiropodist

I not to mention my friends have been following the great helpful tips located on your web site and then then I got a terrible feeling I had not expressed respect to the website owner for those techniques. Most of the young men appeared to be as a result warmed to learn all of them and have in actuality been using them. Thank you for truly being very kind as well as for making a decision on these kinds of incredible resources most people are really needing to know about. Our own honest apologies for not expressing gratitude to you sooner.

34. Podiatrist in Manchester

Needed to put you the bit of note just to give many thanks yet again for those spectacular advice you have shared in this case. It was really shockingly generous of you giving freely precisely what many individuals would have offered for sale as an e book in order to make some dough for themselves, especially since you could have tried it in the event you desired. Those tips likewise acted like a easy way to be sure that many people have similar eagerness really like my very own to grasp a good deal more around this condition. I’m sure there are several more fun instances in the future for individuals that read carefully your blog.

35. trendy plus size lingerie

Hey, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring? I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

36. gran canaria property

I want to convey my gratitude for your generosity in support of persons that actually need guidance on that question. Your very own dedication to passing the solution up and down came to be especially significant and have in most cases permitted those much like me to arrive at their goals. The informative advice denotes a lot a person like me and somewhat more to my mates. Best wishes; from everyone of us.

37. salobre golf villa for sale

A lot of thanks for all of the efforts on this web page. My mum delights in carrying out investigation and it’s easy to see why. A lot of people learn all about the dynamic way you create invaluable techniques through the blog and encourage response from other ones on the issue and our daughter is actually understanding a lot of things. Enjoy the remaining portion of the year. You’re carrying out a tremendous job.

38. gran canaria home for sale

I enjoy you because of all of the labor on this website. My niece enjoys engaging in internet research and it is easy to understand why. Most people know all of the lively manner you convey practical tips and tricks through your blog and as well as recommend participation from some others about this point while our child is without a doubt learning a lot. Have fun with the rest of the year. You have been doing a good job.

39. raspberry ketones

This paragraph will help the internet users for building up

new web site or even a blog from start to end.

40. Neville Coulas

Ciao, ho bisogno di alcune informazioni su un argomento correlato. Non so se si sarebbe in grado di aiutarmi.

41. http://imgur.com

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!

By the way, how could we communicate?

42. spin

I precisely had to appreciate you yet again. I’m not certain what I might have worked on in the absence of the entire aspects provided by you on my subject. It was the depressing crisis for me, however , discovering the very well-written mode you solved the issue made me to cry for gladness. Extremely grateful for the advice and hope you find out what a powerful job you are always carrying out instructing men and women using your web page. I’m certain you have never encountered all of us.

43. web hosting reviews

naturally like your web-site however you have to check the

spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very

troublesome to inform the reality nevertheless I will certainly come back again.

44. Taille de penis

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your blog.

You have some really great posts and I think I

would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load

off, I’d love to write some content for your blog

in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Thanks!

45. Rutha Garraway

Ich lese Blogs (wie diese) aus verschiedenen Gründen. Ich auf einige von ihnen, weil Kommentar:

46. www.rebelmouse.com

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend

your site, how can i subscribe for a blog

web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

47. where to buy Garcinia Cambogia

Outstanding post but I was wondering if you could write a

litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate

a little bit further. Bless you!

48. nail art

Step 3: After cutting as many nails as you can before baby wakes up mad, use a small nail file (think travel kit size) and buff the edges of the nails. This feels weird to the baby, but usually they handle it pretty well. I do this part when he’s holding on to the bottle “helping me” feed him.

49. Nike Air Jordan 11 Femme Noir Bordeaux

This is an exciting time for entrepreneurial thinking franchisees as single and multi-unit franchises are still available. These coveted opportunities can be applied for at .

50. Nike Free 3.0 V4

Nancy Cordes: I was reading this morning that the campaign was spending a lot of money on ads on daytime television, ads during Judge Judy and those kinds of shows. What’s the strategy behind that? Is there a particular demographic you’re trying to reach with those ads?

51. VANS

ͻ

52. Shanti Borra

You are a great writer. Please keep it up!

53. Evden eve nakliyat

I would mention that many of us visitors are undeniably fortunate to be in a useful place with very many brilliant people with very helpful guidelines. I feel truly happy to have discovered your entire site and look forward to plenty of more thrilling minutes reading here. Thanks again for a lot of things.

54. Evden eve nakliyat

55. unmanaged vps

I would like to show some thanks to this writer just for rescuing me from this problem. Right after browsing throughout the search engines and obtaining advice that were not powerful, I believed my entire life was gone. Being alive minus the answers to the difficulties you have sorted out by way of your good post is a critical case, as well as the ones which may have badly affected my entire career if I hadn’t noticed your web blog. Your actual understanding and kindness in playing with all the details was crucial. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come across such a subject like this. I can also at this point relish my future. Thanks a lot so much for your impressive and result oriented guide. I will not think twice to endorse your web blog to any person who desires counselling on this area.

56. Afrikaaners

It truly is great time to have blueprints for the future and it is the perfect time to be happy. I’ve master this particular article if I’ll just simply I must advise a person several attention-grabbing elements or perhaps suggestions. You may can write pursuing posts in regards to this write-up. I must examine much more troubles regarding this!

57. moccasins

A lot of thanks for all your valuable efforts on this blog. Ellie enjoys making time for internet research and it is easy to see why. Many of us notice all relating to the dynamic medium you render valuable tips and hints through your web site and as well as attract response from people on this subject and our daughter is truly being taught a lot of things. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You are carrying out a really good job.

58. moccasins

I simply wanted to thank you so much yet again. I am not sure the things that I would have made to happen in the absence of the type of techniques shown by you on my topic. It previously was a scary setting for me, however , looking at a new skilled avenue you processed it made me to weep for contentment. Now i’m happier for this support and thus hope that you are aware of an amazing job that you are carrying out teaching many others using your web site. Most probably you haven’t got to know any of us.