Shalom y’all!

Posted by on January 25, 2018

Shalom!

Since finishing my fall semester in Paris, I’ve been with my family in Savannah, Georgia, preparing for the next leg of my year-long adventure: my spring semester in Haifa, Israel.

Haifa is a small city on the Mediterranean coast famed for its coexisting Jewish, Christian, and Baha’i populations. It’s about forty minutes from Nazareth, an hour from Tel Aviv, and around an hour and forty minutes from Jerusalem which makes for plenty of interesting day trips!

I’ll be studying at the University of Haifa’s International School (which is on top of Mt. Carmel) and was lucky enough to be accepted to the university’s Honors Program in Peace and Conflict Studies! I’ll be taking an honors seminar in peace and conflict, a language class, a couple of electives, and will likely complete an internship with a local NGO. The variety of subjects and opportunities available with this CIEE program really excite me – I can’t wait to arrive in Israel in mid-February to get started! Until then, I’ll be packing my bags and making a pit stop in the UK to visit family before flying to Israel.