It’s Finally That Time Again!

Posted by on November 22, 2013

It’s crazy to me that we only have a week and some change before Thanksgiving. And once you’ve made it to Thanksgiving it might as well be Christmas!! It’s that time of year again! Around this time at Wofford  you really appreciate going to a school in the upstate. Being in an arboretum there are trees EVERYWHERE! Its literally breath taking getting to walk to class and the sunsets have been gorgeous! Last week Instagram was blown up with pictures of the pink sky, of course I was inside doing school work and didn’t actually get to see it, but it sure did look pretty from the pictures!

Last week I also got to go to one of our student art galleries here at Wofford. I love that at Wofford we seem to always have at least two different art shows out, if not more! I would never have associated Wofford as a very artistic school coming in, and artsy still isn’t what I would call Wofford, but the college does a really good job at setting up cultural events for students and informing the students of cultural even happening around Spartanburg.

The exhibit reception they had last weekend was for Josh Holt. He did an exhibit to raise awareness and funds for a movement that helps to end slavery and sex trafficking. It was an all charcoal display and I really enjoyed how he layered different pieces of wood to add another dimension to his pieces. He portrayed a lot of young women and boys, and the eyes of the faces he drew were probably my favorite part. I should mention that I know nothing about art, but I do enjoy looking at it and thankfully have friends who know a lot more about it than me. While the reception was last weekend the display is still up until we get out for Christmas, so if you haven’t gone by to see it yet, I would definitely recommend doing that before its gone!

6 Responses to It’s Finally That Time Again!

1. Miveu

Enjoyed reading this post, will come back for more!

2. xbox 360 spiele release

Hello, all the time i used to check weblog posts here in the early hours in the morning, since i love to gain knowledge of more and more.

3. Alton

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out

much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

4. Costume Jewellery

Thank you for this amazing article, greatly put together, interesting and informative.

5. Bette@มาส์กเต้าหู้

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a

colleague who has been doing a little research on this.

And he in fact ordered me dinner because I discovered it for him…

lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!

But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this

matter here on your internet site.

6. Reagan@best healthy recipes

It’s rich with nutrients and can be served with your favorite artisan bread, flat bread or

crackers. What is really looking at any homemade recipe

is a good selection of vegetables. To prepare a daily diet chart, you can take advice from your doctors or you can

get the information online.