here we go!

Studying abroad was something I knew I wanted to do before I had even decided on what college I wanted to attend to, and after seeing how easy and accessible Wofford makes studying abroad, it was a no brainer for me that this was where I wanted to go to college and study abroad! I chose to study in a German speaking country because my German major requires it, but I chose Berlin specifically because one of my main goals with studying abroad is to improve my German, spoken and written. I also would like to live in a big city after college and study abroad is a safe and risk free way for me to see if the city life style is for me. I come from a very small town in South Carolina so I’ve never gotten the city experience so hopefully living in Berlin for almost 6 months will help me realize if the city life is for me or not! I’m most concerned about whether or not I have enough conversational German to get by for the first few days; to help with this, I have been practicing my German using duolingo so hopefully it won’t be too bad! My biggest goals with studying abroad are to improve my German, to become more independent, and to fully immerse myself in the culture to get the authentic German experience! Via my internship in the summer, I hope to network with potential future employers and get an idea of how life will loook after graduation when I have a job and become a part of the work life. I’m very excited to see where this next chapter leads me!