browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Did the dust really settle?

Posted by on May 31, 2017

Wow what a ride! It seems like yesterday that I boarded my plane to head to Salamanca this past August to study abroad for what was supposedly one semester. That one semester turned into two and now I get ready to head to Dublin Ireland for the summer. I am still in complete shock that I am actually interning in Europe, but I can’t wait for this adventure. During my two weeks home, I haven’t really had much tine to think, butI  am ready to see what the summer holds. My professional clothes are organized, my paperwork is in one document to be printed, and have my guide and vegan meal confirmed!

My main purpose of writing this post is to introduce the blog. This blog will serve two purposes;

1. I was incredibly blessed to receive a Gilman Scholarship for my internship, and I will be documenting my experience for future applicants.

2. This blog will serve as a “how to” or “what I see” as a visually impaired intern abroad.

Well, it is my bedtime as I fly tomorrow night! Please follow my journey! I would love feedback!

6 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Dru Powell
Dru Powell
5 years ago

I am so proud of you Holly!!! Looking forward to reading about your experiences through the eyes of a beautiful and talented young woman with a visual impairment. Love you!!!

Monique Pilkington
Monique Pilkington
5 years ago

Have fun! Looking forward to following your adventures!

Dru Powell
Dru Powell
5 years ago

I am so very proud of you!!! I look forward to hearing about your experiences as a beautiful and talented young lady with a visual impairment. Love you!!!

Carol Causby
Carol Causby
5 years ago

The world is yours my child! Go conquer! Love you and can’t wait to see what’s in store for you!

Irene Blair
Irene Blair
5 years ago

There is no stopping you, Holly. You are so amazing. Let’s send Newark Airport employees to Dublin to learn from the Irish.

Arlene Crowe
Arlene Crowe
5 years ago

Holly I have heard people say “conquer your fears,” Ha I don’t think you have any! Love you and look forward to following you as you “spread your wings and fly.” Be safe in your adventures and keep on posting.