The trip where everything went right…

Posted by on December 12, 2013

This past weekend my friends, Ashley and Ariana, and I went to Rosh Hanikra and Acre in Northern Israel and had the best trip ever [yes, I do have friends. No, I am not exaggerating, this was the best trip ever]. I have never had a weekend or long trip ever go as seamlessly or smoothly as this one did, especially since the trip was planned only two days in advance, I packed in 10 minutes, and I have a history of falling into bodies of water- lakes, oceans, rivers- I do not discriminate.

At any rate, I woke up early after only 3 hours of sleep and rushed off to the bus. We arrived at Rosh Hanikra, famous for its caves, ahead of schedule and avoided the usual lines. This was definitely the prettiest part of Israel that I have seen yet. The ocean was a gorgeous blue and pale rocks really made for a beautiful coastline and the perfect atmosphere for starting our weekend. After a rocking photo shoot, we were ready to descend into the caves which had us all quite excited as Ariana and Ashley are cave enthusiasts and I am easily persuaded as to the value of tourist sites when traveling.

After finishing our tour and having some delicious pesto flat bread, we headed back to Acre where we would stay the night. This meant revisiting the famous hummus restaurant where our program took us the first week in Israel and eating way too much [worth it]. This restaurant is suppose to serve the best hummus in Acre and possibly all of Israel. While it is definitely the most delicious kind I have ever had, have caution, my friend, “the best hummus in all of Israel” is definitely a repeated statement all over the country. Perhaps we should take note of Buddy the elf and his unfortunate experience with the world’s best coffee.

This perfect day was followed up with a romantic date watching the sun go down over Acre and enjoying our freshly squeezed pomegranate juice [we sound healthy here, don't be fooled]. We then completely ruined this little health kick by purchasing a pizza to take back to the hostel with us. Our night was finished up with greasy pizza stains and watching corny B movies from the States that somehow randomly always involved Jews in the plot. It was very random, but very interesting to see the selection of movies the station chose. Ben Stiller was an absolute favorite.

All in all it was a successful day with a lot of interesting encounters. For one, our taxi driver was a Druze man who rather pointedly asked Ashley what she thought of the conflict. This of course was awkward as 1.) we are all rather confused about what we think of the conflict and 2.) we don’t want to offend him and find our selves kicked out on the side of the road. Of course, Ashley gave a very diplomatic answer, but it was interesting to see how direct he was about his question. This is actually very common and people will ask you quite openly about your opinion on the Palestinian issue. I find it interesting that they are concerned at all with what American students think as I personally cannot even begin to imagine making any conclusions about the issue. It seems that between my sheltered life in the US and my lack of connection with the problem that I really have no place making any judgements. However, this does not excuse me from observing and learning as much as I can about this country and doing my best to understand and empathize with both sides.

The next day we got our moneys worth at the breakfast buffet, toured the citadel, bought overpriced pants at the Turkish market, chilled at the beach, and then I ripped said overpriced pants while climbing the wall at the harbor. All in all- one of the best trips I have been on in quite some time.

15 Responses to The trip where everything went right…

1. sdorttuii plmnr

Hi , I do believe this is an excellent blog. I stumbled upon it on Yahoo , i will come back once again. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and help other people.

2. NASIONA KONOPI

I actually wanted to type a brief comment so as to thank you for those precious strategies you are sharing at this website. My extensive internet search has at the end of the day been recognized with beneficial concept to go over with my friends and family. I ‘d repeat that most of us website visitors are unquestionably lucky to dwell in a fine community with so many outstanding professionals with interesting techniques. I feel very fortunate to have come across your entire website page and look forward to so many more fun times reading here. Thank you once more for all the details.

3. biuro na start

Some truly interesting details you have written.Assisted me a lot, just what I was looking for : D.

4. //biuro.investum.pl

You are my intake, I have few blogs and infrequently run out from post :). “Fiat justitia et pereat mundus.Let justice be done, though the world perish.” by Ferdinand I.

5. MORFOLOGIA

I like this post, enjoyed this one thanks for posting. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” by M. Kathleen Casey.

6. Tidak Kejar Populariti

Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Magnificent. I am also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your hard work.

7. Wzornictwo przemysłowe

Thanks for any other informative website. The place else may I get that type of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such info.

8. zadaszenia poznań

I was looking through some of your articles on this internet site and I think this internet site is really informative! Keep posting.

9. badania na bron palna i gazowa slupsk

This actually answered my problem, thank you!

10. visit website

But wanna admit that this is invaluable, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

11. dla dzieci

Great weblog here! Also your web site so much up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link on your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

12. //WWW.LOMBARDWROCLAWSKA.PL

Great remarkable things here. I am very satisfied to see your article. Thanks a lot and i am taking a look forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

13. anzac tours turkey

of course like your web-site but you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality then again I¦ll certainly come back again.

14. serwis laptopów gdańsk

Thankyou for helping out, superb information.

15. merawat masalah mati pucuk

Great post, I believe website owners should acquire a lot from this website its really user pleasant.