Things I’ve Learned since coming to London:
1. No one in London is from London.
2. 80% of the people in London aren’t even English.
3. It is much easier to catch a “written accent’ then a verbal one. I cannot stop myself from adding the a ‘u’ in color or reversing the ‘er’ in center or theater.
4. America does not have 50 states, it has five. It is New York City, Florida, Texas, California, and one random state that “my friend works in.”
5. The UK makes going green look INCREDIBLY easy. Why can’t we get on their level?
6. Do not wear heels to a pub crawl.
7. It is possible to live in a large city and still be incredibly nice. (I feel like an idiot for stereotyping large cities)
8. It is possible to see two concerts in one day. (What’s up Kanye-Direction). I actually do not know this yet, but come Sunday February 24th, I will hopefully know. More money than I would like to admit was spent on this day.
9. Money has a cool new disappearing trick.
10. Time also does this cool thing where it speeds up. Awesome.
I know it’s been a while since I’ve blogged, but I’ve been busy enjoying the city, my new friends, and keeping up with my studies. Also, I’ve found it hard to type lately (see #3 above). I hope your winter/spring is going well!