Give Thanks

Posted by on December 2, 2013

My host mom Nora just said, “Mañana es un otra día.”  She’s right, obviously, because realistically speaking tomorrow is another day.  But looking a little deeper into the phrase, tomorrow is another day given to us as a gift and it should be lived as so.  For me, tomorrow is another day closer to leaving my beautiful life here in Buenos Aires and in these final days, especially after the celebration of Thanksgiving in the U.S., I’m am reminded of the endless Argentine things, places, traditions and most importantly, people that I am thankful for.

I’ve come to learn that for me during this semester, blessings can be even richer in hindsight. For the past four months, I’ve been integrating into another culture by learning Argentine traditions, participating in typical native events, trying new foods and going on unique adventures.  I haven’t been doing it alone though.  Throughout this entire experience, I’ve had my abroad friends by my side.  I was reminded of the importance of great friendships two Fridays ago when I had to say goodbye to my two very best abroad friends.  I was reminded of how much of a blessing my friendships with my fellow IES Abroad students are.  How special it is that I shared such a life changing experience with such a memorable group of people.  I now have plenty of friends from the North – so what a great excuse to travel even more so I can visit them!

Speaking of traveling, I was beyond blessed to travel to Chile last weekend to visit Elizabeth and Sarah Grace who are currently studying abroad in Santiago and to visit my Chilean host family in Viña del Mar from Interim 2012.  It was a dream come true to spend time with them again in Viña and reflect on old memories while making new ones.  We had helado every day I was there, of course – hitting up the typical spots like Bravissimo and Mó.  We walked the path by the ocean, ate mariscos, visited Valparaiso and all piled into our parents’ bed to watch tv just like old times.  After my Interim in Viña, I dreamed of visiting again to see my Chilean host family but never did I imagine that I would actually have the opportunity to do so!  I am everthankful for memories like these and for the people I’ve met in both Chile and Argentina that have made my abroad experiences so worthwhile.

Before my plane takes off in a few days, I only have one more exam then plenty of fun activities planned with my Argentine host family (whom I’m obviously going to talk about in my final Argentine blog post).  In my final days here, I’m especially going to be giving thanks for all things Argentina.  Y por eso, ¡re afortunado!

Alex, Louisa and me – I cannot count the endless memories I have with these amazing chicas!

There’s nothing like a day on the beach in November!

Thankful for my sweet Chilean family

Besos,

Ashlee

15 Responses to Give Thanks

1. dili optim

I do not even know how I finished up here, however I believed this publish was once good. I do not recognise who you might be but definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger in the event you are not already ;) Cheers!

2. o pen vape

Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for information of this caliber for the last several hours. Your site is greatly appreciated. http://www.instablissvapes.com/

3. sdorttuiiplmnr

Some truly great articles on this web site, appreciate it for contribution.

4. visiondirect

I am glad to be one of many visitors on this outstanding website (:, appreciate it for putting up.

5. BIOENERGOTERAPIA WARSZAWA

Enjoyed reading this, very good stuff, thankyou.

6. ŻELE Z NIEMIEC

Some truly fantastic info , Glad I observed this.

7. energieholzanbau

Admiring the commitment you put into your blog and in depth information you provide. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed material. Wonderful read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

8. wypożyczalnia samochodów rzeszów

What i do not realize is actually how you’re not really a lot more smartly-favored than you might be now. You are very intelligent. You realize therefore considerably relating to this subject, made me for my part consider it from so many various angles. Its like women and men are not involved until it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs great. All the time handle it up!

9. tarot celtycki

I am always browsing online for articles that can benefit me. Thanks!

10. http://ezoterius.pl/wrozby-milosne/

I love forgathering useful information , this post has got me even more info! .

11. Białołęka Angielski

I like this weblog very much, Its a really nice situation to read and obtain information.

12. Mody Do Skyrim

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

13. pierścionek srebrny

I like this web site very much, Its a very nice billet to read and get information. “A little in one’s own pocket is better than much in another man’s purse.” by Miguel de Cervantes.

14. analytics tips

I really like your writing style, superb info, thank you for posting :D. “Your central self is totally untouched By grief, confusion, desperation.” by Vernon Howard.

15. Vimax Original Canada

You are my inhalation, I possess few web logs and very sporadically run out from to brand.