Flâneuring

Posted by on November 3, 2013

Have you ever been a tourist in your own city?  It’s an odd concept to think of and I’m not sure how one would define the concept.  However, two weeks ago I was able to be a tourist in my current home when my parents came to visit.

I felt like a flâneur in a way.  (Something can be said for being able to apply a concept learned in class…My poetry class just studied the idea of a flâneur so props to my professor for teaching me this.)  While my parents and I were obviously interacting with locals daily, I felt like a detached observer, which is the definition of a flâneur.  Since being in Argentina, I had quickly come to treat Buenos Aires like home and I felt completely comfortable with the city and my new routine.  However, when Mom and Dad came, my sense of normalcy was interrupted in the best kind of way.  For an entire week I was able to be a true tourist, but in a familiar place.  I was simultaneously able to show off my new home to the people I love the most.

Spending a week my Mom and Dad as a tourist allowed me to refresh my love for Buenos Aires and appreciate the city from a different angle.  We spent plenty of time enjoying the gastronomy of Argentina by eating our fare share of steak and dulce de leche.  We passed by the Obelisco from the comfort of a taxi and on foot and on the top of a double-decker tour bus.  We explored the wonder of the Recoleta Cemetery and listened to live music from the “Paradise” section (top floor) in Teatro Colon.  We pursued the endless isles of books at El Ateneo, ate beside the famous statue in Café Tortoni, braved a partido de fútbol in the River Plate stadium, watched a tango show, appreciated art at the MALBA and spent a day in Colonia, Uruguay.

What was my favorite thing we did?  I truly cannot answer that.  While I look back on all the exciting activities we did that week I can only think of one thing that was constant: having my parents by my side through it all.  If I was reminded of anything it is that family is irreplaceable and I consider myself more than blessed to be a member of my supportive, caring, constant family.

El Ateneo

Go Argentina!

Teatro Colon

Recoleta Cemetery

Cafe Tortoni

Besos, Ashlee

20 Responses to Flâneuring

1. Verena gangbang

Ne dorim ca experienta sustinerii lucrarii tale de licenta, de diploma, de disertatie, de grad sa fie una dintre cele mai reusite. Pentru aceasta, vom folosi intreaga noastra experienta pentru a-ti acorda consultanta de care ai nevoie in alcatuirea unui proiect academic de cea mai inalta calitate, atat din punctul de vedere al informatiei si continutului, cat si din punctul de vedere al formei si aspectului

2. Jenni Guiterrez

Can I simply say what a aid to find somebody who truly is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know the best way to carry a problem to gentle and make it important. Extra individuals need to learn this and understand this side of the story. I cant consider youre not more widespread because you positively have the gift.

3. Brendon Carabez

happy mothers day 2015 greetings

4. celire.com scam

A+ Trust Rating : Celire.com

5. userscripts facebook

Some genuinely good info , Sword lily I detected this. “Three things you can be judged by your voice, your face, and your disposition.” by Ignas Bernstein.

6. userscripts facebook

Some really select articles on this internet site , bookmarked .

7. userscripts facebook

Some genuinely quality blog posts on this web site , saved to favorites .

8. sdorttuiiplmnr

I?¦ve been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i am glad to express that I have an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I so much definitely will make certain to do not omit this website and provides it a look on a relentless basis.

9. serwis kamer video

Good info. Lucky me I reach on your website by accident, I bookmarked it.

10. proszki niemieckie

Its good as your other blog posts : D, regards for posting.

11. WWW.PAPPELWALD.EU

I am constantly thought about this, appreciate it for putting up.

12. -http://resautorent.pl/

Hi there! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice information you will have right here on this post. I might be coming back to your weblog for extra soon.

13. księgarnia elpat

It is in reality a nice and useful piece of info. I¦m satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

14. iOS 9 udid activation

But a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great style. “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.” by Albert Einstein.

15. HTTP://EZOTERIUS.PL/EKSPERCI/TAROCISTKA-EMILIA/

There are certainly quite a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That could be a great point to deliver up. I offer the ideas above as normal inspiration but clearly there are questions just like the one you deliver up where an important factor can be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged round issues like that, however I’m sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls really feel the impression of just a moment’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

16. Tarot Darmowy Miłosny

Dead composed subject material, thankyou for information .

17. Numerologia Dopasowanie

F*ckin’ awesome things here. I’m very glad to see your post. Thanks a lot and i am looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

18. Coaching Lodz

hi!,I really like your writing so much! share we keep up a correspondence extra about your post on AOL? I require an expert in this house to resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look ahead to see you.

19. plowandhearth

Sweet website , super design and style, really clean and utilize friendly.

20. Body Candy

I am forever thought about this, appreciate it for putting up.