Pre-Departure

Posted by on January 7, 2015

Note: This blog post is from a few days ago but I have been without Internet until now!!

December 29, 2014

Welcome to my “avventura italiana”! I am so excited to be sharing all of the adventures I will experience over the next few months with my friends and family back home! I have been told my wifi may be a little shabby, but I will do my best to entertain you all as much as possible with hopefully fun and exciting happenings once I venture off to Perugia, Italy until May.

Here I am, just THREE days until departure and to say I am stressing a little would be an accurate statement. I have been busy thinking of every possible thing I may need while in Italy, figuring out exchange rates & money, cramming every last thing into my  suitcases (and keeping them under 50 lbs) and mentally preparing for what lies ahead of me in this next week and the months to follow. Up to this point, I think I have been indenial about leaving the US and stepping outside my comfort zone, but I think I have finally faced that I am going to be leaving so soon…that’s probably a good first step in mental preparation.

The best way to describe the feelings I am having is bittersweet.   I have never been so excited, yet so nervous and sad about something. I am so excited to see what is ahead of me, to grow as an individual, and to experience a new way of life. On the other hand, I am sad to be leaving South Carolina (and Wofford), and all of my friends and family, and I am already experiencing the joyful FOMO (fear of missing out) emotions. I am trying hard to think more about all of the opportunity ahead of me, rather than what I may be missing out on while abroad. I know God has so many learning lessons and eye-opening experiences in store for me and I cannot wait to see what they are!

I am off to continue to work on pre-departure craziness, but I can’t wait to share my European lifestyle with y’all!

unnamed

PS. Prayers and thoughts will be appreciated on Friday as I will probably be a hot mess trying to calmly navigate the airport :)

Arrivederci!